Welcome to witness.net (the "Expert Site") owned and operated by the Expert Witness Network (the "Company"). The Expert Witness Network and the Expert Site is an essential resource for attorneys, law firms, insurance companies, corporations, government lawyers, prosecutors, district attorneys, judges, law enforcement, and other court and business professionals seeking experts for business, legal, forensic, meidcal and insurance matters, expert consultants, expert witnesses, experts for trial preparation, forensic experts, medical experts, investigators and trial support personnel.
The mission of the Expert Witness Network is to match qualified experts in the appropriate medical, legal, business or insurance fields with lawyers, corporations, insurance companies and other professionals.
THE EXPERT WITNESS NETWORK DOES NOT RETAIN ANY PORTION OF FEES PAID TO EXPERTS PROFILED ON THE EXPERT SITE.
The company provides this Expert Site to you subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement ("Terms").
BY IN ANY WAY ACCESSING THIS EXPERT SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO BE SUBJECTED TO AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ACCESSING THE EXPERT SITE IS THE LEGAL EQUIVALENT OF YOUR SIGNING A WRITTEN AGREEMENT.
Expert Content: Experts may submit text in many forms including without limitation, postings, documents, and publications as well as various other works of authorship including without limitation sound, video, images, pictures, and musical works some or all of which may contain personally identifiable information including work history, credentials, degrees, and memberships in professional organizations ("Expert Content"). Any Expert Content submissions are subject to the Terms. The Company reserves the right to delete any Expert Content it deems, in its sole and exclusive judgment, violates the Company's standards. However, users are advised that the Company does not necessarily monitor any materials, including Expert Content, published on the Expert Site. As a matter of course, any attorney, legal or other professional accessing this Expert Site should always independently verify the qualifications of any expert, investigator, legal support or other professional profiled on this Expert Site.
Experts profiled on the Expert Site retain all ownership rights in their Expert Content. Publication of Expert Content on the Expert Site is subject to the Terms, By submitting Expert Content, an expert grants to the Company a limited, perpetual, royalty free, fully-paid, worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, right and license to modify, use perform, display, distribute, and reproduce the Expert Content including the right to sublicense any or all of these rights to third parties through any media whether now or hereafter created. By submitting Expert Content, an expert agrees that the expert had no ownership rights in any profile page or other depiction by the Company.
By submitting Expert Content, an expert agrees that any Expert Content or other information submitted will not be confidential or proprietary and may be used by the Company in any manner at any time without obligation of confidentiality. No copyright, proprietary or other intellectual property notices may be removed from content or reproductions thereof. No expert shall make any representation of suggesting an endorsement by the Expert Site or the Company.
The technology and content including without limitation text, audio, video, images, graphics, effects, designs, animations, and any manner or thing, however conveyed on the Expert Site ("Company Content") are owned by or licensed to the Company and protected by state, US and international copyright, trade secret, trademark and other intellectual property laws including without limitation a copyright in the Expert Site as a collective work and/or compilation and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhacement of the Expert Site's content. The Company and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to the Company Content. The company vigorously enforces its rights. The Company's products and services are proprietary marks of the Company. Other produc and company names are the trademakrs of their respective owners. By submitting any information to the Company including without limitation, feedback and suggestions, the submitter grants the Company the worldwide, fully paid, royalty free right to use the information in any way.
Access to this Expert Site is subject to a limited, worldwide, nonexclusive, non-commercial, non-sublicensable, limited license to access and use the content of this Expert Site for the sole purpose of engaging experts for professional services engagements subject to the Usage Restrictions. This license may be terminated by the Company at any time at the Company's sole and exclusive discretion. Failure to comply with the terms of this license shall result in limmediate termination of this license and the user must immediately destroy any content used. Expect for this limited license, the Company grants no other express or implied rights or licenses or any other proprietary or other intellectual proprety rights.
The following restricitions apply to the Limited License. The Expert Site and its content:
- 1. May not be decompiled, reverse engineered, disassembled, rented, leased, sold, or hosted.
- 2. May not be used for any unlawful, harmful, obscene, threatening, defamatory, discriminary, pronographic, objectionable, or immoral purpose.
- 3. May not be modified or copied, no derivative works thereof may be created.
- 4. May not be distributed, published, broadcasted, transmitted, sold, framed, mirrored, ddep linked, or otherwise used.
- 5. May not be accessed by automated script, robot, spider, scraper or other means.
- 6. May not be accessed in any manner likely to improse a burden on the Expert Site infrastructure or to interfere with the Expert Site's operation or the enjoyment of other users or the activities conducted on the Expert Site or to harvest email addresses or other content or to bypass any exclusion or restriction measures.
- 7. May not be monitored or accessed for the purpose of determining the site architecture or extracting usage information, identities or users.
- 8. May not be hacked or accessed by any means not specifically granted by the Company.
- 9. May not be accessed for the purpose of transmitting any virus, code or file designed to interrupt or limit functionality of the Expert Site or its software or servers.
- 10. May not be accessed by anyone for the purpose of inpersonating a person, company or organization or misrepresenting any affliation.
- 11. May not be accessed for the purpose of advertising, promoting or soliciting any product or service.
The Company considers linking arrangements on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Company or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any linking requests. Linking without permission is prohibited.
THE COMPANY AND THIS EXPERT SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE
By accessing the Expert Site, the person, company or organization accessing the Expert Site assumes the sole and complete risk of use.
The Company makes no endorsement, warranty or representation:
- 1. That the Expert Site is appropriate and available for access outside of the US.
- 2. Of the accuracy of the information provided on the Expert Site.
- 3. Endorsing, verifying, ranking or reviewing the experts profiled on the Expert Site.
- 4. Related to the Expert Content or any other content on the Expert Site.
- 5. Regarding the availability and performance of the Expert Site.
By accessing the Expert Site, you understand and agree that the Company is not responsible for:
- 1. Any content contained or omitted from the Expert Site.
- 2. Any reliance on content.
- 3. The consequences of any action taken or not taken because of access to the Expert Site
- 4. Satisfaction with the expert, attorney, law firm, legal firm, legal service provider or other professional profiled on the Expert Site.
- 5. Any services provided by any expert, attorney, law firm, legal service provider or other professional profiled on the Expert Site.
- 6. Any contact or failure of contact between someone accessing the Expert Site and any expert, attorney, law firm, legal service provider or other professional profiled on the Expert Site.
THE COMPANY PROVIDES THE EXPERT SITE AND CONTENT “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE, IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE FOR COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR ANY CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THIS EXPERT SITE, WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR SUCH DAMAGE.
For our members, we are happy to make multiple changes to your profile within the parameters of our policies. However, please be sure that you want your profile posted prior to submitting payment. Our service is non-cancellable and non-refundable.
By accessing the Expert Site, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company (and all of their employees, agents, directors, officers, partners, representatives, shareholders, members, predecessors, successors, and assigns), from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from your use of the Expert Site or any breach of this Agreement.
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency agreement exists between you or the experts profiled on this Expert Site as a result of the Terms or access of the Expert Site.
This Agreement has been entered into and is governed and enforced by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kentucky. By accessing the Expert Site, you consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Kentucky and you agree that any action arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be filed only in state and federal courts located in Louisville, Kentucky.
If any provision is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.